2013 Tour de France Bike Tour
OBT’s 2013 Tour de France Bike Tour – The 100th TdF! Here’s your chance to climb the famous mountains of the Alps and Provence and see your favorite racers chase the biggest prize in cycling! After watching the racing and riding yourself we move on to Paris to watch the last stage finish on the Champs Elysees. You can’t miss the 100th edition of the Grande Boucle!
Our Tour de France bike tour starts in Provence, at the foot of Mt. Ventoux. After you conquer the “Giant of Provence” you will have the chance to watch the pros do the same. From there we head to the Alps for several great stages, including a double ascent Alp d’Huez and other famous climbs! We finish your tour off with a TGV ride to Paris to watch the final stage. The nighttime stage finish is a first and will be very special.
Looking for more information on our Tour de France Bike Tour? Click here for the itinerary and more!
What is included:
- All hotel accommodations – all 3 star or better, and are located in prime locations for race viewing.
- Luggage transfers
- All breakfasts and most dinners. See itinerary for more details.
- Detailed route notes, maps, and tourist information
- On the road support. We have a vehicle on the road with a mechanic, and carrying your food and extra water.
- GPS courses to upload to your GPS device.
What is not included:
- Transportation to and from the start and finish locations
- Bikes, but ask if you want to rent a bike.
- Travel and Health Insurance
- Admission to site-seeing venues, unless explicitly mentioned as included
This is our 13th year of offering Tour de France bike tours, so come join us!
Dates: July 13 through 22
Length: 9 nights/10 days
Type of riding: Mountainous
Bikes suggested: Road bikes
Average daily riding: 60km+
Start city: Avignon
Finish city: Paris
Suggested transport: Train or fly to Avignon, Fly from Paris.
Cost: Double: US$3,900 Single: US$4,800
Bike Rentals: Please call or email. Bikes are at a premium in July so please order early!